Housing And Social Care

Experiencing problems when it comes to your home and welfare can have a devastating effect on your life and the lives of your family, our housing solicitors assist our clients to the best of their ability in resolving those problems as quickly and comprehensively as possible.

At Wildan Legal Solicitors, we have specialised Housing and Social Care legal team. The department is made up of some of the most experienced and outstanding housing solicitors in their field who undertake cases involving housing, community care issues and also welfare benefits.

Our housing lawyers particular expertise in:

  • Helping individuals and families who are experiencing housing problems with their local authority.
  • Acting for housing association tenants, leaseholders and the homeless to resolve all manner of housing issues.

We are proud to be able to assist people with a wide range of needs, circumstances and from all backgrounds. Our aim – to achieve the best possible results for our clients.

Our housing solicitors have gained a reputation for being among the leading specialists in challenging age assessments of asylum seeking children, as well as challenging the lawfulness of local authority’s housing and community care policies.

Our specialist housing solicitors also undertake challenges to Care Assessments, for both young people and adults, undertaken by the local authority and also securing assessments where the local authority has failed to carry out one according to their duties.

The team is highly successful in making Judicial Review applications across these areas in order to get results for our clients, with a fantastic track record of success leading to a number of reported cases.

We are able to pursue Judicial Review proceedings in a wide range of cases.

Why you should choose Wildan Legal Solicitors for Housing Solicitors and Social Care issues:

  • Throughout your matter you will deal with the same legal team who will keep you updated on the progress of your case and any decisions made.
  • Our impressive track record and reputation in providing advice in housing, community care, public law and welfare benefits to the most vulnerable members of the community, including those who suffer from mental health issues, the disabled, the elderly, and those with language difficulties.
  • Our housing lawyer’s expertise in dealing with Housing matters such as defending possession proceedings, warrants for eviction, homelessness, challenging suitability of accommodation, unlawful evictions, disrepair and many other issues.
  • Our team’s knowledge and skill in conducting Community Care cases such as challenging Care Act assessments, Children’s Act needs assessments, care leaver status, age assessments by local authorities, adaptations to the home, and Judicial Review proceedings amongst many others.

How will my case be dealt with by Wildan Legal Solicitors?

You can submit details of your query using our online enquiry form or by ringing our offices on 020 74239977 and ask to speak to a member of the Housing and Social Care Team.

Your query will initially be considered by one of our experienced and knowledgeable legal response team, who will take down the salient details of your matter and then discuss your case with an appropriate specialist solicitors in the department.

An assessment will be made as to whether your case falls within an area of expertise, the legal merits of your case, and the capacity of our housing lawyers to take on your matter. Regardless of our ability to take on your case we aim to respond to every enquiry in a timely manner.

Since April 2013 public funding is no longer available for welfare benefit appeals before the First Tier Tribunal. We may be able to offer advice on a private fee paying basis in relation to welfare benefits appeals.

To speak with us on a confidential basis about your housing and social care issue contact us now by telephone or by filling in our online enquiry form. 

Brexit Advice for EU Nationals

Are you an EU National unsure of your legal position in the UK since Brexit? – our housing and social care lawyers can help you.

Wildan Legal Solicitors are offering a fixed fee meeting to advise on your right to reside at this present time. 

To arrange a meeting contact us on 0207 423 9977 or fill in our online enquiry form and we will get in touch, at a convenient time.